How Do Video Testimonials Help and How Do I Make One?
Have you ever noticed how lots of businesses like to use video testimonials from satisfied customers to advocate for their products or services? Have you wondered if doing the same might be useful for your own business?
Video testimonials are a valuable tool to give your brand an easy boost. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits video testimonials provide your business, as well as instructions on how to record and post a video testimonial on your company website.
Why Do I Want Video Testimonials on My Website?
Video testimonials operate on that saying, “seeing is believing.” Seeing a real, live human being sharing their actual experiences with your company can be powerful in a number of ways. Here are the main reasons that a video testimonial on your website benefits your business:
- Video Testimonials Build Credibility and Trust. A video testimonial lets you fully leverage your most powerful salesperson—a satisfied client. You likely already know just how valuable it is to have good reviews, because consumers trust other consumers to provide accurate feedback. Using video to share their genuine thoughts about you and your services in a more direct and human way will make you seem more credible and trustworthy to potential leads.
- Video Testimonials Increase Referrals. Documenting someone’s opinion of your business and sharing it with the world makes them feel valued and strengthens your relationship. This client will become a better advocate for your brand and may discuss and share the video in their networks, generating referrals and leads.
- Video Testimonials Are Easily Shareable on Social Media. Video is one of the most accessible and sharable forms of content on social media. A video testimonial is more likely to be shared and viewed all the way through than a text equivalent, and more eyes means more leads.
- Video Testimonials Improve Conversions from Search. Video testimonials boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and serve as a a good tool for converting leads from organic search. They can also inspire customer success stories you publish on your blog for additional SEO value.
How Do I Publish a Video Testimonial?
So, once you decide that you want to put up a video testimonial, how do you do it?
The first step is to find an appropriate client with a story they’re willing to share. This could be a longtime client with whom you’ve developed a deep relationship over the years, a recent customer that seemed especially happy with their experience, or someone who responds to a request for testimonials that you send out to your mailing list. The important thing is that they have a genuine, positive experience that they’re happy to share on-camera.
Once you’ve found the right candidate, grab your smart phone and follow these directions:
- Find a space with good lighting and not much background sound.
- Open your phone’s camera function.
- Make sure it’s set to “Video Mode” instead of “Photo Mode”
- Hold the phone sideways for horizontal video.
- Tap the screen where you want the lens to focus.
- Hit “Record” before the testimony starts, then “Stop” when it’s over.
- Review the video in your phone’s Gallery.
- If you like it, post it to Facebook or YouTube!
There you have it—posting a video testimonial is as easy as that!
Video testimonials are just one way to use video to boost your business, and just one part of a broader internet marketing strategy. The best way to build a comprehensive marketing strategy is to assemble a team of marketing professionals. Frontier Marketing specializes in internet marketing with a focus on SEO, and our team consists of experts in web design, graphic design, content writing, and more.